Artists Across Minnesota
On Exhibit Through February 28, 2019
Artists from all across Minnesota submitted work to be considered for LRAC/McKnight Main Gallery’s Artists Across MN Exhibit. Our Gallery Committee was challenged to select the best 20 pieces from over 160 submitted works of art. LRAC Gallery Committee members include: Mike Weatherly, Grant County, Jon Solinger, Becker County, Stacy Lundquist, Otter Tail County, W. Scott Olsen, Clay County, and Jason Ramey, Stevens County. The final selections feature a wide variety of art mediums, techniques, career levels and geographic representation.
The following artist will be featured:
· Marcia Haffmans, Minneapolis, 3D visual art: Interrupting Decomposition
· Kathy Hagstrom, Fergus Falls, collage/painting: Ode to Peace
· John Beaudine, Lake Park, photography: Early Sat. Morning in Downtown St. Paul
· Kristi Kuder, Battle Lake, textile sculptor: She Had Her Doubts
· Sarah Guy-Levar, Ely, painting: Early Start on Basswood Lake
· Ashley Nordan, Minneapolis, woodblock print: Big Wave
· Alison Albrecht, Minnetonka, painting: The Poet’s Desk
· Jewett Benson, Alexandria, painting: Barbara’s Flowers
· Ross Hilgers, Moorhead, ceramics: Whisper Earthenware
· Laurie Borggreve, Minneapolis, mixed media: Bills and Pills
· Vicky Radel, Norcross, encaustic painting: Wood #6
· Jeffrey S. Thornton, Terrace, painting: Cedar Dream
· Sima Amid Wewetzer, Marshall, painting: Swans on Turquoise Lake
· Diane F LaMere, Plymouth, landscape painting: Country Road
· Paul Seifert, Vergas, painting: Mennonite Boy
· Kim Bromley, Pelican Rapids, painting: Ripples and Lilies
· Suyao Tian, St. Paul, painting: Untitled #3
· Mary Nagel Klein, Wayzata, painting: Lincoln in his Parka
· LeAnn Oman, Hermantown, painting: First Day of School
The public is invited to an artist reception Tuesday, January 15
Tuesday, January 15, 5:00-6:30 pm at the LRAC/McKnight Main Gallery, 137 S. Mill St., Fergus Falls, Minnesota.
The exhibit will open January 7 and close February 28.
The gallery is open Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This is a great opportunity to see artists that are new to our region and see new work from our favorite local artists. For more information on the gallery and upcoming exhibits, click here.