Arts Resource Experts Program:
LRAC will provide access to two regional resource experts, Jacinta Zens and Jess Torgerson, who will support artists as they work on achieving their goals. Artist Resource Experts will provide one on one appointments to explain what's available and how to connect with resources and ongoing individual support. Arts Resource Experts will meet with artists at flexible times and locations.
The Arts Resource Experts will receive intensive orientation from arts resource organizations located outside our region, mainly in the Twin Cities area, and will act as a liaison between regional artist and statewide resources, such as funders, public art opportunities, exhibition, performance and galley spaces and opportunities to increase artists’ success. Partner arts organizations will benefit by having the Arts Resource Experts act as their representative in the region to promote their services and to connect them to regional artists.
A cohort of 10 artists will be selected to participate in a 12 month program. Artist Cohort applications are taken in June and start activity in July. Cohort participants will be able to take advantage of the following services:
- 2 Individual career counseling sessions with Springboard for the Arts
- Ongoing individual support from LRAC Arts Resource Experts
- 2 Networking meetings with other cohort artists
- Workshops on topics such as grant writing, self-promotion, and legal concerns for artists
- Professionally produced 1 minute video about the artist for use in self-promotion
- Professional photographed samples of artist’s work
- Featured in LRAC newsletter, Facebook, and galleries
- Access to professional grant application proof reading/editing.
This program has grown out of the success of the Arts Resource Fair and is a response to the needs identified by artists in the needs assessment survey.